Thursday 14 June 2012

Walking In The Snow


.
These pale flecks of frosted emotion sting
my skin (bare) when I walk
with you.
A seething so sudden, that
at first, it is unnoticeable: purely snow.
Then Cold turns to cinders - turns to
Ash; scoring, cutting, infecting
my Body with your Curse
.
I blame the snow, but I should blame
You.
The numbness in my fingers
stings from your cold spite -
.
Yet I continue, persisting on our voyage across this icy road:
My heart, once again replenished with flaming desires - childish yet
visible; today, after your bitter touch
Falls to the ground... Cracking,
Splintering with an essence of you
.
The warm face of the sun, distant and rare
Shines no more -
Not in winter, at least, whilst
.
Walking in the snow
.



Copyright © JRFB 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment