Tuesday 19 June 2012

The Chill


Good Gentleman, Good Lady, oh I wish that you could see – 
There’s sincere truth that comes with Civility, 
A certain charm lies in my heart 
Begging for yours to stay 
Until tomorrow, for just another day. 

Having parched my heart with burning scorn 
Drier still like the Sahel, the Corn 
Of my love cannot flourish, 
In an Empty garden – fruitless 
Are my efforts – unless collaborated with your prowess 

For your secret utterance so sweet 
Yet Devious, fell from the ivy tree 
Strangling your ability 
To love a soul (minus your own) 
Hearing the magnitude of the fall - 

For Hours I perched, alone; afraid
For your echoing Voice haunts me, above my grave
Slipping               out            and              in
Those weak and crumbling shelves of terror
Heavily Stowed away  – my mind is a Mirror

Crushed, shattered, splintered, broken –
Nothing can fill space left -  the words unspoken
Misery ubiquitous, hopelessness lost
The Frosty whispers chill
Our Flame, hardened, brittle – still.


Copyright © JRFB 2012


2 comments:

  1. This is a well written poem. I like how you can express so much emotion in one line!

    "Of my love cannot flourish,
    In an Empty garden – fruitless
    Are my efforts – unless collaborated with your prowess"

    Keep it up!

    -Erick Flores

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Feedback is so important to me, I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me your thoughts!
      I shall indeed keep it up, Sir!

      Delete